lohud.com

Sponsored by:

Remote Access

The T.V. Blog

Matthew Fox teases Season 6 premiere – and the series end – of ‘Lost’

June
11

Maybe it was the product of downing too many margaritas on a sundrenched beach, or perhaps thinking that what happens in Monte Carlo stays in Monte Carlo, but Matthew Fox recently got some loose lips at Monaco’s annual television festival.

And thank goodness, because Fox is said to be the only cast member to know how “Lost” will end when the series concludes next season.

Anyway, according to TV Guide, Foxy says that the sixth and final season will be “amazing,” “incredibly satisfying,” “very surprising” and “fairly confusing.”

Well, that’s nothing new for “Lost,” right?

But Fox adds that the season premiere will pick up right where it ended last month, with the island after-effects of Juliet detonating the nuclear bomb.

Oh, and the 1977 and 2007 Losties will come together in a single timeline about one-third of the way through the season. (That puts a potential Sun-Jin reunion at about Episode 5, which seems a bit long to wait after an entire season of separation, but whatever…)

The consolidation would mean, too, that the flashbacks and flash-forwards would stop (which I’m a little sad about, quite frankly).

Plus, there will definitely be a final Jack-Locke showdown, although Fox didn’t mention whether Jack Shephard would face off with the real (and, based on the finale, the very dead) John Locke or Jacob’s nemesis, the Anti-Locke.

As for the series’ final scene, which producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have had in their minds for years?

Yup, Fox knows that, too. And that’s when he pretty much snapped his trap shut.

On a side note, there’s been a rumor going ’round this week – based on the Twittering of a supposed talent agency assistant – that the producers are trying to sign killed-off Original Recipe castaways Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) and Maggie Grace (Shannon) for a bunch of Season 6 episodes.

That’s not such big news on the Charlie front, since he’s made guest appearances several times (to a doubting Hurley) since leaving the show. (Monaghan also is reportedly starring in a new ABC series, “FlashForward” in the fall.) But a Shannon return? Whoa.

Grace’s reps have denied that it’s happening, and Entertainment Weekly’s Michael Ausiello reports that no deals are in place for ANY of the Season 1 folks to come back.

“In place” being the key phrase here, however, since Ausiello also hears that the show is checking into the availability of some major players.

Hmm.

Does that mean a possible future Boone sighting? Probably not, since Ian Somerhalder is on board with the CW’s “Vampire Diaries.”

Maybe more Walt and Michael? I’d love to see that storyline pushed a bit more, and ABC did just cancel Michael Perrineau’s other ABC gig, “The Unusuals…”

What do you think, Lost-philes? Are you liking what you’re hearing so far about how the series will end?

And if the rumors are true, which deceased 815er would you most like to see back on the show?

(Photos courtesy of ABC)

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 11th, 2009 at 1:26 pm by Heather Salerno. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Category: Uncategorized
Tags: , , , , , , ,
|

Advertisement

Advertisement
About this blog
Grab a snack, pull up a comfy seat and join our staff as they share their thoughts on your favorite shows. Tune in daily for their comments and post your own on such hit shows as "Lost," "Grey's Anatomy," "The Office," "American Idol," "24," "Heroes" and more.

Subscribe
Remote Access Podcast | Get iTunes

Daily Email Newsletter:

AddThis Feed Button



My site was nominated for Best Entertainment Blog!


Poll