The date has been set.
From Jan. 16-18, in Pasadena, a series of auctions will be held to sell off pieces of television history.
OK, that may be a bit overwrought, but the Sci Fi Channel’s Battlestar Galactica series is one of the finest ever to grace the small screen.
It’s coming to an end with its final ever 10 episodes starting in January, when to coincide with it, props, set pieces and costumes are being auctioned off.
Among the items to be auctioned off:
A life-size Viper
A Cylon raider
Admiral Adama’s duty blue uniform
Apollo’s Viper flight suit
Caprica Six’s red dress (hold yourself back, boys!)
Consoles from the CIC
The Arrow of Apollo
Admiral Adama’s painting of the first Cylon war
Colonel Saul Tigh’s eye patch and liquor bottle
President Laura Roslin’s desk
Original production sketches
Set plans and drawings
And here’s the auction schedule:
• Preview Day – Friday, January 16, 2009 – Pasadena Convention Center (Doors open at 10:00 a.m. and close at 6:00 p.m) (Panel schedule to be announced at another date).
• Live Auction Day – Saturday, January 17, 2009 (Doors open at 8:00 a.m. Auction begins at 9:00 a.m.).
• Live Auction Day – Sunday, January 18, 2009 (Doors open at 9:00 a.m. Auction begins at 10:00 a.m.).
• Online Auction of 200 Items – Tuesday, January 20 (Auction goes live at 9:00 a.m. (ET) and will conclude Friday, January 23, starting at 9:00 p.m. (ET).
• First of Several Weekly Online Auctions – Beginning on Friday, January 23, weekly online auctions on eBay begin at 9:00 p.m. (ET).
All info is available at www.battlestarprops.com.
Sigh. I want the viper. And the raider. And, in the old days, Six’s red dress, but these days that would just be scary on me.
Maybe I’ll settle for the eyepatch and booze bottle.
Photos courtesy of NBC Universal.